Volunteers are always needed!
No horse experience or experience with people with disabilities is required to volunteer. Training is provided by FTEA staff.
Around The Barn
The Barn is the hub of FTEA’s activities, from housing our herd to preparing for lessons. Below are a few of the activities we do here:
- Groom and tack-up horses
- Clean tack and buckets
- Bathe and care for horses
- Mucking stalls and paddocks
- Filling water buckets and water troughs
Volunteers are hands on with our participants. They assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Help set up and put away lesson equipment
- Leading a horse on a lead line during class
- Sidewalking next to a rider during class for safety
With Our Ops Team
Our Operations team supports FTEA’s buildings and equipment. Days for this team vary from mending fences to building new structures or cleaning equipment. Volunteering with them supports:
- Facility maintenance
- Construction projects
- Equipment maintenance
Supporting FTEA can take shape in many forms. Support FTEA’s administration and future by:
- Request to join our Board of Directors
- Serve on event committees
- Raising funds
- Assist with office tasks
- Public Relations
Volunteering is a fun and varied experience with FTEA!
Find a time that works with your schedule!
Mon – 9:00 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Tues – 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wed – 1:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Thurs – 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Fri – 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sat – 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Sun – 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.